the fam

the fam

Sunday, November 27, 2011

What a surprise!

Today we were traveling down to a baptism with the assistants and Elder Wennerholm.

As we were driving, I saw a tree along the road that I recognized.


It was a beautiful pink Plumeria tree, like the kind that grow in Hawaii. As we kept driving we saw more and more of these trees, in pink and yellow. On our way back, we stopped at one of the houses and asked if we could have a few branches. They were very generous and we now have FOUR Plumeria trees planted in our yard! I'll take pictures next year if they survive and bloom.

I also wanted to post a picture of our Christmas present to the elders and sisters this year.

Sister Hicken, in the Mexico City East Mission, gave me the idea and showed me how to make them. They are bookmarks, and the missionaries really liked them. Some of the rocks I purchased in Palenque, when we were there for our Seminar.

No comments:

Post a Comment