the fam

the fam

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pets!

We have really been missing having any pets in the house.  We thought about what we might get and decided an iguana might be good and easy to care for.


It wasn't... We realized that we would need a cage and he would need lots of care and attention, which we can't give it right now, so we kept him for three days, then took him back to the store and saw some water turtles...

This is the fountain in the front patio area of our house.  We really like it and thought it would make the perfect home for some water turtles...


We put some rocks in the fountain for them to crawl on and hide under, then bought 4 turtles at the pet shop in the Center.  They really like it and they are super easy to take care of.  We run the fountain for them and feed them each day.  It's fun to look out at them from the living room window and see them swimming around.  We have pets!


July 2013 update... We had to move the turtles to a new home, because they kept disappearing from the fountain.  We found one of them alive in the garden area in the dirt!   We don't know how they kept getting out, but we now only have two turtles and we keep them in a big bowl on the back patio.  
We bring them in each night just to be on the safe side.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited I found your blog. My name is
    Cara Whitehead and my son, Troy, is entering the Provo, MTC and will be arriving at Puebla South Mission in six weeks. We are just finishing up our packing, any suggestions that the book does not list? So excited for him, your mission looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found it! I'm sorry I'm just now replying to your message. I don't get on here as often as I should, as you can tell! We are excited to have Elder Whitehead arrive in just a couple of weeks, now. Do you know if he has his visa? That's always the question... If you want to you can also get on my facebook page... it's Janet N Robert Reeves. I try to post pictures of the mission there and I tend to be on facebook more than on the blog. I will be posting pictures of the new missionaries after he gets here. Thanks for writing! Puebla is a wonderful mission, and he will love it here!

      Delete