the fam

the fam

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I wanted to post some pictures of my Dad's funeral. I was so impressed at the funeral by all the things that were said about my parents. I felt that I didn't know them at all. They are so unselfish and giving to the members of their community. As I sat and listened, I got to know a different side of them that I've never noticed before. I'm so glad that my parents had the opportunity to move to Aurora and make so many dear friends.







My dad was buried in the cemetery in Aurora. It's so small, I love it. He is in an area close to Larry and his family.

























Afterward, there was a luncheon for the family members. Mom did very well under the circumstances and I'm glad that Robert and I were able to be there.







































Cindy had arranged to have balloons for each of us to let go of in the front yard of the house in remembrance of dad. That was a happy moment... It felt like we were sending our love to him in heaven.
I'm grateful for a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and that I know where he is. I know that I will see him again someday. I'm happy that he is my dad and I'm grateful for everything that he taught me and shared with me during his lifetime. I love you, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment